Home » About Us

About Us

Niagara Banquet Hall – Polish Legion St.CatharinesRoyal Canadian Legion Polish Veterans Branch 418 was originally founded in (1956) to give assistance to returning war veterans and their families. Through the leadership of Legion Branch 418 members and a strong core of committed Legion volunteers and ladies auxiliary efforts, the scope of activities undertaken by Branch 418 has grown over the years to include a generous amount of charity service and community outreach across St. Catharines/Niagara. Legion Branch 418 is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all people in the area.
Through various fundraising initiatives and programs, Royal Canadian Legion Polish Veterans Branch 418 has allocated substantial funds to a variety of community causes.

These have included:
• Raising funds for and awareness of veterans causes
• Organizing the annual Remembrance Day Poppy initiative
• Allocating annual donations to various hospital projects and health care initiatives including the Hotel Dieu Shaver health and Rehabilitation Centre, the Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre and others
• Funding equipment purchases at seniors homes such as Linhaven
• Opening their facilities to house league sports leagues and athletic instructional programs go engage youth and encourage healthy lifestyles
• Taking an active role in celebrating anniversaries and events important to the Polish community

Branch 418 is part of the national network of Legions, one of the largest community-based service organizations in the country contributing millions of dollars and volunteer hours annually to support programs for seniors, community programs, housing, long-term care, youth, education, sports, Cadets, Guides and Scouts.

Comments are closed.